Top 10 Benefits of Professional Construction Management
— 26 Sep 2016 11:55:00
Why employ a "Client Side" Project Manager?
Modern construction projects from inception to completion are highly complex. A good construction manager is like the glue holding the team together, leading the owners through the many challenges encountered during the design and construction phases of their projects. The benefits of employing a team of independant professional project managers is huge.
- Serve as an independent, objective representative to protect the Client's and projects best interests first and foremost.
- Act as an information conduit, easing the flow of information throughout the team.
- Reduce overall project cost, generally well exceeding the fees involved. Typical saving can include competitive bidding advantage, contract negotiation, value engineering, reduced change orders, reduction in built programme, and elimination of unnecessary scope and cost throughout the project.
- Advise the Client on engaging the most experienced, qualified and proactive project team.
- Improve quality by closely monitoring the build, benchmarking and defect control.
- Provide a realistic cost plan.
- Optimize and if possible accelerate the construction programme.
- Provide management expertise and promote a strong team ethic.
- Advice on contract and procurement.
- Ensure the client's statutory obligations are fulfilled.
- Planning Permission
- Building Control
- Listed Building Consent
- Fire Regulations
- Construction Design and Management Act 2015 Client's Duties
The earlier a professional Project Manager is engaged, the greater the benefit will be to the project. At Rockall Projects, we focus on delivering value by identifying your goals relative to budget and quality and ensuring their timely delivery. Get in touch with us to determine how best we can help you accomplish your project.