South Coast University
The Boiler House - Student Study and Social Space—
Rockall Projects were appointed to act as Project Managers for the fit-out, extension and refurbishment of an existing Student Union bar into a state of the art student study and social space.
The Boiler House was originally constructed in the 1960's and has undergone several alternations over the years and was last used as a Student union bar 5 years ago.
The University's brief was to modernise and refurbish the Boiler House to improve the facilities across this residential campus by creating:
- Dynamic social space and cafe area
- Study area with a variety of open learning spaces
The contract was awarded under a traditional form of tender (JCT) for a value of £1.6m, the project took 9 months to complete and was finished on time and within the budget set by the University.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Brief development by creating the Employers Requirements
- Consultant appointments
- Design Management
- Monthly cost and programme reporting
- Project overview
- Architect − Faulkner Browns
- Location − South Coast University
- Status − Completed (2020)
- Heritage Consultant − Wessex Archaeology
- Structural Engineer − StructuralEngineer
- M&E Consultant − Hoare Lea
- Contractor − Brymor
- Project Manager − Rockall Projects Ltd
- Quantity Surveyor − Arcadis